Monday, September 2, 2013

Cottonwood Canyon

My latest adventures have taken me to Montana for a road trip! We started in Bozeman with a hike in Cottonwood Canyon, then headed south to Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons, then turned around and drove north to Glacier National Park. After arriving to Montana's hot dry wheat and hay fields, the lush forested canyon was a welcome retreat.

Wild clematis looked like fireworks, or maybe crazy hair



 We left the trail to climb to the top of a large rock outcrop. There were lots of rock tors poking out of the fir trees.


We found lots of snail shells, and live snails too, and this piece of wood seemed a fitting housing for this shell.


In Bozeman, there are LOTS of stacks of hay bales drying in the sun. After traveling for 12 hours with little to no sleep, hay bales seemed like the most exciting thing I had seen in a long time. I am about two hay bales tall, but I can make it to three with a little help!



No comments:

Post a Comment